Monday, January 17, 2011

{Cake} Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

Just made this cake for recent 1 yr old birthday boy. 


I was asked to match the characters in this party theme and make the characters on the cake a little more 3D than usual....


It was fun but a challenge none the less.  All the characters on the cake as well as the scenery such as the mountains, railroad tracks and street were made out of fondant.  The cake itself was covered in my "famous" buttercream which can sometime betray me by becoming difficult to completely smooth out when I'm trying to decorate but it is so damn good that I always use it regardless because I think I'll be forgiven for the imperfection once the customer tastes how good it is.
So, close your eyes and imagine the cake alongside the party decor....




1 comment: