Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowflake Cupcakes


I just recently made these snowflake cupcakes for a client.  I tried so many different methods in trying to make the snowflakes that they left me wanting to run and not make anything at all.  I tried making them with royal icing which is great for those that have the steady hand technique.  But then there's me.  The snowflakes I aimed to make with the royal icing turned out to look like weary pretzel sticks stuck together with glue :-(     I had seriously underestimated how hard it would be to make these darn little things.  So as I went on my day, I headed out to my local cake shop supply store for some items that I had to get.  It was also an excuse to just walk away from the project and take a breather. 
Well, I walk in to the supply shop as I always do, and I start skimming the isles to check out all of the cool new items that may have arrived.  I take my leisurely walk, letting my creative bubble be filled with so many ideas that I pick up with all of the inspiration that is lended to you when you visit.  I finish my visual tour by taking the items I picked up along the way to the registar when I catch a glimpse of snowflakes, a picture of snowflakes on a package.  In the package was an interesting gadget, actually 3 of them.  I swear the entire store became dark and the package was being illuminated by some light derived from up above somewhere.  Oh my gosh!  It was a stamp and cutter snowflake maker!  Woo hoo!  My prayers had been answered.  What's the best way to get a product out in the prettiest way possible...having a cutout of course.  So as law would have it, I had to buy it and take the credit for having made some damn pretty snowflakes all by myself   :-D



FYI, the shop I visited was ABC Cake Shop in Orange, CA.  Visit if you're nearby but beware of the force that will have you making cupcakes and cakes after your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment